Open Distro for Elasticsearch 1.2.1 Released
Open Distro for Elasticsearch version 1.2.1 is available for download.
What’s included in version 1.2.1
Version 1.2.1 includes upstream open source versions of Elasticsearch 7.2.1, Kibana 7.2.1, and all Open Distro plugins including Alerting, Performance Analyzer, Security, SQL, and corresponding Kibana plugins too. A SQL JDBC driver and PerfTop, a client for Performance Analyzer, also comes with the distribution. You can find details on enhancements, bug fixes, and new features in the release notes for each plugin on GitHub. See Open Distro’s version history table if you need to use a previous release of the distribution.
Download the latest packages
Docker images for this release of Open Distro for Elasticsearch and Kibana can be downloaded from Docker Hub. If you are using Docker, make sure your compose file specifies 1.2.1 or uses the latest tag. Additionally, RPM, Debian and Linux tarball packages are available for installation. You can download the PerfTop client here and our SQL JDBC driver here. You can also find our Security plugin artifacts on Maven Central. As many of you may already have discovered, the 1.2.1 artifacts and packages have been available for download since early November.
- Update build.gradle and release notes for v18.104.22.168 (#105)
- Upgrade to ES 7.2.1 (#110)
- Alerting Anomaly detection integration *
- Update plugin version *
- Fix parse exception of ad result response (#132)
ALERTING KIBANA UI
- Support for ES 7.2.1 (#153)
- Extended proxy authenticator to pass additional attributes via header (#174)
SECURITY ADVANCED MODULES
- Support for ES 7.2.1 (#49)
- Support for ES 7.2.1 (#26)
SECURITY KIBANA UI
- Support for ES 7.2.1 (#106)
- Update opendistro_security version to 7.2.1*
- Update Open Distro version 22.214.171.124 for security kibana plugin (#107)
- Support for Open Distro 1.2.1 (#219)
- Changed version to 1.2.1 and updated release notes (#27)
- Update version in version.java
- Support Elasticsearch 7.2.1 (#27)
- Update PerfTop to support OpenDistro 1.2.1 release*
- Update version 1.2.1 on package.json*
- Fix vulnerabilities*
- Merge pull request (#31)
You can find the latest release notes for each component at these URLs: Alerting, Alerting Kibana UI, Performance Analyzer, PerfTop, Security, Security Kibana UI, SQL, SQL JDBC driver, and Job Scheduler.
Features in development
Check out and contribute to features in development! You can also download and use the development versions of these plugins to test, experiment, and provide feedback.
RCA design RFC needs your feedback
Please feel free to ask questions on the project community discussion forum. I also invite you to help answer questions on the forums for other community members. We also have a 30-minute online community meeting every two weeks that you can join to ask questions.
Report a bug or request a feature?
You can file bugs, request features, or propose new ideas to enhance Open Distro on our GitHub community issues page. If you find bugs or want to propose a feature for a particular plug-in, you can go to the specific repo and file an issue on the plug-in repo.
If you’re getting started on building your open source contribution karma, you can select an issue tagged as a “Good First Issue” to start contributing to Open Distro for Elasticsearch. There is extensive technical documentation on the project website to help you get started.
Feel free to reach out to me (alolitas) if you have any questions. Thanks for using Open Distro for Elasticsearch. Go build with Open Distro!