This version of the OpenSearch documentation is no longer maintained. For the latest version, see the current documentation. For information about OpenSearch version maintenance, see Release Schedule and Maintenance Policy.
OpenSearch Dashboards is the default visualization tool for data in OpenSearch. It also serves as a user interface for many of the OpenSearch plugins, including security, alerting, Index State Management, SQL, and more.
Get started with OpenSearch Dashboards
- After starting OpenSearch Dashboards, you can access it at port 5601. For example, http://localhost:5601.
- Log in with the default username
- Choose Try our sample data and add the sample flight data.
- Choose Discover and search for a few flights.
- Choose Dashboard, [Flights] Global Flight Dashboard, and wait for the dashboard to load.