Fluent Bit and OpenTelemetry (Otel) are both well-known open-source projects in the observability space. With over 11 billion downloads, Fluent Bit is widely adopted for its log processing and routing capabilities. Recently, it has added metrics and traces to its capabilities. Otel was born from the merger of the OpenCensus (metrics) and OpenTracing (traces) projects and has recently added logging to its capabilities. Inevitably, the apparent similarity of the two projects raises questions such as:
- Do OpenTelemetry and Fluent Bit do the same thing?
- Can Fluent Bit and OpenTelemetry work together? If so, how? And what’s the advantage of using both?
In this webinar you’ll learn:
- The basics of OpenTelemetry
- Industry best practices for adoption of Otel & Fluent Bit
- When to use Fluent Bit and when to use Otel
- Why Fluent Bit plus Otel