Getting started with OpenSearch Dashboards
OpenSearch Dashboards is an open-source, integrated visualization tool that makes it easy for users to explore their data in OpenSearch. From real-time application monitoring, threat detection, and incident management to personalized search, OpenSearch Dashboards gives you the data visualizations needed to graphically represent trends, outliers, and patterns in your data. The image below shows a sample of data visualizations in OpenSearch Dashboards.
Use cases for OpenSearch Dashboards
In OpenSearch Dashboards, a data dashboard is a collection of charts, graphs, gauges, and other visualizations that gives you a snapshot of the data that you’re interested in and that you interact with. You can track, analyze, and display real-time search, monitoring, and analysis of business and operational data for use cases like application monitoring, log analytics, observability, and website search. The image below shows data visualization use cases for OpenSearch Dashboards.
|Visualize log and trace data with interactive log analytics.||Detect and mitigate issues faster with anomaly detection.|
|Diagnose performance issues and reduce application downtime.||Unlock real-time search, monitoring, and analysis of business and operational data.|
Explore the OpenSearch Dashboards playground
You can interact with the demonstration datasets in the OpenSearch Dashboards playground by following the steps below:
- Go to the OpenSearch Dashboards playground.
- Choose OpenSearch Dashboards > Dashboard.
- Explore the available datasets and select one: [Flights] Global Flight Dashboard, [Logs] Web Traffic, or [eCommerce] Revenue Dashboard.
- Interact with the data on a dashboard. Choose Add filter, and specify the data you’d like to see.
- Select one of the options from the Field menu, and specify an Operator to filter the results.
The image below shows a [Logs] Web Traffic dashboard with filters applied.